- visitors to our website;
- people who submit enquiries about our courses and products to us or enter their data into one of our forms; and
- our current students that are engaged on our Terms and Conditions for the Supply of Programmes
- our former students (alumni).
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is our Chief Operating Officer.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site co.za. This includes information which you provide to us when making an enquiry about a course and information provided at the time of making an application to join a Programme through our Site or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Site.
- Details from correspondence if you contact us, as we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details obtained from surveys which we may ask you to complete that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Information obtained from telephone calls to us, which may be recorded for training purposes.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. The information is used to track visitor use of the Site and to compile statistical reports on website activity. Cookies regarding your use are collected subject to our Cookies Policy.
Please see our full Cookies Policy (http://www.damelinonline.co.za/ terms-and-conditions) for further information.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION:
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- Administration purposes.
- To ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our services
- To notify you of other services that may be of interest to you (see the ‘Marketing’ section for further information).
- If you have applied for a course or are enrolled on a course with us:
- to process your application;
- to provide the course and associated academic and pastoral support;
- to process payment of the course fees; and
- to carry out our legal obligations to report to third parties such as the Higher Education Statistics Agency.
- Following the completion of a course with us, you will become part of our alumni network. As a result of this, we may use information held about you to:
- keep you informed about us as a College and any events you are eligible to attend as an alumni student;
- carry out surveys regarding your time as a student enrolled on a course and to ascertain other information about you; and
- carry out our legal obligations to report to third parties such as the Higher Education Statistics Agency in respect of surveys they may require us to undertake. This includes surveys such as the DLHE (Destination of Higher Education Leavers) survey which may be undertaken by the Higher Education Statistics Agency or one of their agents or subcontractors.
We may also use your data to provide you with information by post, telephone or other electronic means (such as e-mail or SMS) about special features of our Site or any other service or products we think may be of interest to you. If you would rather not receive this information, please send an e-mail message to email@example.com. If you agree to us providing you with marketing information, you can always opt out at a later date.
We will never pass your data to any third party organisation unless they are contracted or otherwise instructed by us to provide services relating to our own products. Any such partner will not use your data for their own purposes and is either a) a data processor which is subject to stringent requirements from us in respect of appropriate technical and organisation measures against unauthorised or unlawful processing of your data or its accidental loss, destruction or damage or; b) an organisation which commits in its own data security and privacy policies to such technical and organisational standards which are equal to or greater than our own data security and data protection standards.
Please note that we do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in this document.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Damelin Online or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms of Website Use or Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Damelin (Pty) Ltd, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
LINKS AND REFERENCES TO US ON OTHER WEBSITES