Introduction to Photography
Online Short Course
Welcome to this Introduction to Photography short course. This is a modular online course hosted by Damelin Online.
The modules of this short course have been designed especially with the aim to:
- Introduce you to the essential settings of your camera and how to use them
- Introduce you to the principles of composition
- Equip you with the tools to approach subjects to reflect your personal vision
- Equip you with tools to edit, store and organise your photographs
YOUR ONLINE COURSE CHECKLIST
- Stable internet connection
- Reliable broadband internet access
- A PDF viewer (e.g. Adobe Acrobat)
- Microsoft Word/Pages (ability to export documents as PDF files)
- A web browser (latest version) e.g. Chrome/Firefox/Internet Explorer
- Ability to scan and upload documents
- Email/Cell phone for notifications and communication
- DSLR Camera
- Battery for the camera
- Memory card (SD, CF – Minimum 1 GB)
- USB cord to connect camera to computer
- Tripod (optional)
MEET YOUR SUBJECT MATTER EXPERT (SME)
Julian Goldswain has a B.Tech Photography (cum laude) from N.M.M.U. He is an award winning professional photographer practising in the corporate media space. His social documentary work has been exhibited locally and overseas. Passionate about training, he founded School of Light. Julian won the 2007 Bronze for Documentary, Fuji Professional Award and the 2008 Bronze, Advertising, Sony Profoto Award.
meet your Online Academic Tutor
Each Damelin Online course is assigned its own Online Academic Tutor, who is ready and waiting to guide and assist their learners throughout their learning experience.
The Online Academic Tutor who is assigned to your course, is trained to build each student up to reach their fullest potential. Students can expect their Online Academic Tutor to answer questions, offering advice and provide further clarification on any academic aspects of the course. As a complimentary online service, students will be contacted by their Online Academic Tutor over phone and/or by their registered email.
Orientation Module | Week 1
Module 1 | Week 2
Getting to Know your Camera
Module 2 | Week 3
Making Visual Decisions
Module 3 | Week 4
Composition and Framing
Module 4 | Week 5
Light and Exposure
Module 5 | Week 6
Module 6 | Week 7
Basic Editing in Google Photos
Module 7 | Week 8
WHY A Introduction to Photography COURSE?
You see the world in a unique way – and this course will help you to share that vision. Whether you are an absolute beginner with ‘an itch to scratch’ or someone who needs to take better photographs for practical purposes, our introductory course will help you gain creative control over that complex light-recording tool – the camera.