Terms & Conditions
WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY, AND TO CONTACT US IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS. BY USING OUR SERVICES OR REGISTERING FOR A PROGRAMME, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY, AND TO ABIDE BY, THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS OR ARE NOT ABLE TO ENTER INTO A BINDING AGREEMENT, THEN UNFORTUNATELY YOU MAY NOT REGISTER FOR A PROGRAMME OR USE OUR SERVICES.
A. Welcome to Damelin Online
- If your participation in an online short learning programme is being paid for by a third party, then the third party will be bound by all provisions in these Terms.
- Please note that the online short learning programmes offered by Damelin Online are non-credit bearing and not accredited.
- The online part-time programmes offered by Damelin Online hold accreditation through Damelin Correspondence College (DCC). Damelin Correspondence College (Pty) Ltd. is provisionally registered as a private college with the Department of Higher Education and Training under the Continuing Education and Training Act, No. 16 of 2006. Registration Certificate Number: 2008/FE07/037. Damelin Correspondence College (Pty) Ltd. is provisionally accredited by Umalusi, the Quality Council for General and Further Education and Training. Accreditation number: FET 00475. Damelin Correspondence College (Pty) Ltd. is further accredited by the Quality Council for Trades and Occupations (QCTO) Accreditation number: 13/0005. The part-time programmes are accredited by the South African Board of People Practices (SABPP) or Media, Information and Communication Technologies Sector Education and Training Authority (MICT SETA). Furthermore, the administration of these courses is handled by UNi4 Online. UNi4 Online will not issue or complete any tax forms.
B. Accessing Damelin Online
- Students can register for any of our short learning programmes and part-time programmes online through the registration links available on our website.
- To successfully complete the short learning programmes and part-time programmes, you require a registered email account, access to a computer/laptop/tablet and stable internet connection. You may need to be able to read documents in Adobe PDF Reader, use of Microsoft Excel, view Microsoft PowerPoint presentations, and read and create documents in Microsoft Word.
- All information (including personal information) provided to us on registration, on creating an account, or while accessing Damelin Online services and online short learning and/or part-time programmes, must be true, accurate and complete. You are also responsible for updating us in the event of a change to your information (for example, your name or address).
- If you are under the age of 18, you will be required to obtain the written consent and assistance of your parent or legal guardian to enter into these Terms or register for an online short learning programme, and this registration would need to be separately managed through our academic department by arrangement to ensure compliance with all applicable legal requirements.
C. Damelin Online Programme Fees
- When you register for an online short learning programmes and part-time programmes, you agree to pay the applicable Course Fee and other amounts that may be due to you arising from the participation of the programme. Any VAT or other applicable taxes payable in addition to the Course fees will be identified in your invoice and such amounts are your sole responsibility unless the contrary is stated.
- When you register for an online short learning programmes and part-time programmes, you hereby consent to the receipt of an invoice, which shall be sent to you in electronic format, to the email address that you provided upon registration. All invoices shall reflect the methods of payment that will be accepted in payment of such invoice.
- In the event that bank charges and/or fees are levied on or added to a payment made by you to us, you shall be liable for all such bank charges and additional costs.
- If you fail to make an installment towards your Course Fees by the due date for payment (as agreed during registration and recorded in your invoice), then we may suspend your participation in the programme. If you are suspended from participation, you will not be permitted to access the Virtual Learning Environment until such time as the outstanding installment has been made by you, and you will be given a period of time within which to rectify non-payment. If you fail to make payment within the given additional period of time, then we will be entitled to cancel your registration and remove you from the course and you will not be entitled to any refund.
- Errors and Omissions Excepted (E&OE) on the Damelin Online website: any errors or omissions on our website, price listings, product descriptions, or other document may contain mistakes or may not include some details.
D. Cancellations and Refunds
- If you wish to cancel your online short learning programme registration or part-time programmes, you will be required to contact our Retentions Officer at email@example.com to discuss your intention for cancellation. Our Retentions Officer will assist with you to discuss the rational for your cancellation and to assist you in reaching an informed decision. Should you proceed with the cancellation request, you will be required to complete and submit a cancellation of studies form, which will be provided to you by your Retentions Officer.
- Please note: You are not entitled to a full or partial refund amount of the Course Fees. The acceptance of your cancellation will be at the discretion of the Online Academic Department Offices. Should you wish to cancel your studies, this will be required to be requested 14 working days from registration and have must not have accessed the Virtual Learning Environment platform.
- Should a refund be approved by our Academic Department office, Damelin Online will process the refund due to you as soon as possible and within 90 days of the day on which you requested it. Damelin Online will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless we expressly agreed otherwise.
- Damelin Online shall have the right in its sole discretion, to postpone or cancel tuition in any programme initially advertised and offered, on the basis of insufficient demand. Damelin Online shall be entitled to combine classes of a similar academic level and content.
- If there is a dispute between us relating to the payment of any Course fee, or the way in which you use the Virtual Learning Environment platform or the website, we may at our sole discretion suspend your participation in the Course for the period of the dispute.
E. Programme Syllabus Delivery
- English is the language of instruction and administration for all Damelin Online short learning and part-time programmes. All coursework that is required for assessment purposes must be written in English. This includes posts made on the discussion forums.
- Each online short learning programme consists of a number of modules delivered over a specified duration via the Virtual Learning Environment platform. All Course-related documentation is provided in electronic format and can be accessed through the Virtual Learning Environment platform.
- You may receive communication by telephone, email from Damelin Online academic representatives for programme administration and related purposes, including reminders of assignments, or other information related to your registration or these Terms.
- Only students who are registered for an online short learning programme and part-time programmes may participate in that programme. You may not provide your username or password to any other person, may not permit any other person to participate in the programme on your behalf, and may not impersonate any other person in dealing with Damelin Online using another user’s username and password. If you forgotten your username or password, our technical support (contact at firstname.lastname@example.org ) will assist you to change your password in your student profile.
- All online short learning and part-time programmes include summative and/or formative assignment per module. Your assignments will be graded within an allocated 48-hour time period. Any queries relating to your previous assignment may be directed to your Online Course Lecturer or Online Academic Tutor (contact your Tutor at email@example.com).
- All our online programmes includes module videos. These videos act introductory lectures for the topics covered in the specific modules and are compulsory unless otherwise stipulated.
- Should you apply for a module assignment extension; you will be required to make this request with our Student Support Consultants (contact at firstname.lastname@example.org). The success of your academic extension request will be dependent on your learning journey status and at the discretion of your request. The acceptance of your academic extension will be at the discretion of our online academic manager.
- Your final grade or completion of programme status may be subject to an academic moderation process. If you are dissatisfied with your academic standing (final result for the proramme) you are within your rights to submit an appeal within 7 working days after the final results have been made available by contacting your Online Course Lecturer and/or Online Academic Tutor, who will explain the appeals process to you.
F. Student Support
- Online Academic Tutors and Online Course Lecturers are available to students during Monday to Friday 08h00 to 16h30 (GMT +2) excluding weekends and South African public holidays.
- The Online Academic Tutors and Online Course Lecturers are available through the learner management system which can be accessed by logging into the system with the provided login credentials only.
- The Online Academic Tutors are the student’s first point of contact when it comes to academic queries and they can be contacted on email@example.com . The Online Academic Tutors will escalate a query to an Online Course Lecturer if they are not able to resolve it themselves or need a greater depth resolution to a content related query.
G. Transfer from online institution programme to another
- A full ‘Transfer Policy’ document will be made available to the consumer on request and forms part of the contract of enrolment once completed.
- Full-time/Part-time Students: A consumer/student who wishes to transfer his/her enrolment (or the enrolment of the student, where the consumer is not also the student) from one the LCIBS Online Programme to another, in the same academic year and/or quarter (whichever is applicable), may apply for permission to do so from the Damelin Online within 5 days from registration. Where the fees in respect of the programmes differ, the transfer shall be subject to a new credit application by the student/consumer and the Damelin Online’s approval of the credit application and the transfer. In all such cases, the fee payable will be that of the programme carrying the higher fee, even if that happens to be the Programme from which he/she is transferring. In addition to the higher tuition fee, the student/consumer will be charged the value of the notes/books for the Programme from which he/she or the student, as the case may be is transferring, as well as those required for the Programme to which he/she or the student is transferring. In the case of a student/consumer transferring from any full-time Programme to another, the consumer will additionally be charged a default administration fee in respect of computer and software costs. A transfer is subject to there being space in the said course chosen to accommodate the student in addition to the student qualifying for transfer to such course chosen.
F. Deferrals of online short learning programme
- All students/consumers wishing to defer their studies (or the studies of the student, where the consumer is also not the student), or part thereof, may make an application in writing to Damelin Online within 14 days of the start of the course whereupon flexible study options may be considered at the sole discretion of the academic departmental office. A deferral charge of 30% (thirty percent) of the original cost of the Online Short Learning Programme to be deferred will be levied against the consumer as precondition to Damelin Online approving the application for the deferral. A full Deferral Policy document will be made available to the student on the Virtual Learning Environment platform on enrolment.
G. Damelin Online Certification of Competence:
- On successful completion of your online short learning programme, Damelin Online will award you with a Damelin Certificate of Competence (as described in information packs) will be issued in your legal name provided to us during the registration process. You will not be awarded with a certificate if you do not meet the stipulated requirements for the award of a certificate. If you are found guilty of plagiarism (even for the first offence) where a satisfactory explanation is not given, Damelin Online may decide not to issue a certificate to you. No changes can be made to the standard form or wording of a certificate for any reason.
- Damelin Online will courier your Certificate of Competence to your residential street address provided to us during the registration process or such other address you have nominated. Damelin Online cannot be held liable should you provide an incorrect address or if no address is given and cannot guarantee the delivery date and time.
- If you do not settle your outstanding Course Fees in accordance with the agreed payment terms, you will not receive your final result for your Course, and we will not issue any letters confirming attendance or completion of Course modules. You will not be issued with your Certificate of Competence until all fees have been paid in full.
- If you receive your certificate with a printing error you are required to notify us, and return the erroneous certificate to the sender before an amended version will be issued. We cannot be held liable for printing errors resulting from incorrect personal student information provided to us.