This National Certificate in IT: End User Computing is an entry-level qualification designed to meet the needs of learners who require end user computing as an essential skill in any business. It is designed to accommodate both learners in formal education and learners already employed. It aims to develop informed and skilled learners who can apply the acquired skills in any industry and should contribute towards improved productivity and efficiency in the workplace.
This National Certificate in IT: End User Computing (SAQA ID 61591) carries the Damelin Correspondence College (DCC) accreditation with Media, Information and Communication Technologies Sectors Education & Training Authority (MICT SETA).
This qualification is an NQL level 3 and holds 130 CREDITS.
- Grade 10 (Std. 8), OR
- Must have Further learning competency in End User Computing at NQF level 1, OR
- Must have Further Education and Training certificate band up to NQF level 2 or the equivalent
- Recognition of Prior Learning: for recognition of prior learning, you will be required to submit a portfolio of evidence of relevant experience, in a prescribed format, to be assessed for formal recognition.
When applying for this programme, you must present the following documents:
- A certified copy of the equivalent qualification certificate (not older than 3 months)
- Present verifiable relevant working experience (1 year or more)
- A certified copy of ID (not older than 3 months)
Disclaimer: Your application will be subjected to academic validation and approval before we will grant you access to this online training programme.
Course and Technical Requirements
In order to get the full benefit of and complete this programme, you are required to:
- Have a registered email account for notifications and communications
- Have access to a computer/laptop/tablet
- Have a stable internet connection
- Read documents in Adobe Acrobat PDF reader, or a similar PDF viewer
- Have access to the Microsoft Office Suite (inclusive of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint) or Mac OS Pages Application to create and read documents, as well as have the ability to export documents into PDF files
- Use the latest version of Firefox/Internet Explorer/Chrome web browser when accessing the Virtual Learning Environment
How You Will Learn
This online training qualification is presented through an online interactive learning platform. You will receive academic support and guidance from your Online Course Lecturer and Online Academic Tutor with all Formative and Summative Assessment submissions. You will learn through diverse learning assessment activities, including:
- Accessing your programme notes via the Virtual Learning Environment
- Learning while using our rich-interactive media, such as videos, infographics, gamification tools
- Enjoying the supplementary case-study readings in each module
- Participating and collaborating in discussion forums
This qualification requires that learners must complete and submit an online Portfolio of Evidence (PoE), which includes: Formative and Summative Assessments, to be submitted on the MasterAssess platform, accessible through the Damelin Online Virtual Learning Environment.
Your Online Course Lecturer will assist and guide you through your Assessment Criterion submissions.
(a) Formative Assessments
Your online PoE includes a series of Formative Assessments. Learners must complete and submit all Formative Assessments to be successfully competent at the end of each Specific Outcome in each Learning Unit.
By completing each Formative Assessment, the Online Course Lecturer will be able to track and monitor your performance on the learning programme. Your Online Course Lecturer will provide you with feedback on your Formative Assessment.
(b) Summative Assessments
Your online PoE includes a series of Summative Assessments. The purpose of the Summative Assessments is to evaluate your competences at the end of each learning unit. You are to meet the requirements of the Assessment Criterion and its specific outcomes.
MICT SETA will provide you with your Statement of Results, indicating the unit standard in which you have been found competent in this particular qualification. You will also receive a Statement of Results from Damelin Correspondence College. Your Certificate of Competence will be issued by MICT SETA.
Terms and Conditions
For 2 for 1 promotion:
- On selected promotions courses only
- The second course is redeemable subject to completion and payment of the purchased course
- Promotion valid til midnight 31st May.
For 20% off discount of full qualifications:
- Promotion valid til midnight 31st May.